The Lord recently strengthened a young leader to plant a focused Church. It’s been a pleasure to see many young leaders rise and take over what was before restricted to the seminary graduates and the elderly experienced folks.
My desire for all those leaders that are called to plant a Church is to have an ‘Acts of the Apostles-based Church’. Surely that is the real model for all our churches.
Interestingly the ‘Acts Church’ was born amidst the outpour of the Holy Spirit and underlined by mockery of those that didn’t understand the move of God. Any growing church will be the top target of the Satan and his kingdom. However as history teaches us, the church has always multiplied with persecution.
For the benefit of the larger section of the body of Christ, here are ten keys from Acts 2:40-47, every Church must seek, believe and purpose together for:
1. And with many other words he bore witness and continued to exhort them, saying, “Save yourselves from this crooked generation.”
– A real church leader is never afraid to exposé sin & lead people into repentance to receive the forgiveness which is available in Christ.
2. So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.
– A Church must emphasis the importance of being baptized to join Christ. A public confession of the inward faith in Christ only sets a precedent to living a consecrated life – to be in the world and yet not of the world. Start believing the God of the Acts to give you weekly baptisms if not for everyday!
3. And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching
– A church that does not take to teaching the concrete Word of God is building its foundation on sand. Start by teaching your members the importance of consuming God’s Word. Develop the character of submitting to Holy Spirit-led teachers.
4. and the fellowship,
– Church without fellowship is only a theatre of its own kind. Irrespective of church size develop strategies to increase fellowship with one another.
5. to the breaking of bread and the prayers.
– Daily revelation of Jesus will lead to daily breaking of bread. Celebrate breaking of bread. Don’t let it be another ritual.
And should I have to say, “A praying church is a growing church.” Churches built on management principles, entertainments and mere charismas are towers of Babel that do not glorify Jesus.” Depend totally on Jesus – for a church that will be taken up in rapture.
6. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles.
– all of the five points above will then lead us to this point – awe on every soul in your city, miracles, signs and wonders. For millions to see Jesus, they must see that the God we preach is alive. Believe and ask God for it.
7. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need.
– Every church must teach their believers to give. In Acts the believers sold their wealth and brought it to the Apostles. The Apostles didn’t use that to enrich themselves but for the enlargement of God’s Kingdom. Before you look to fulfill the needs of the world, meet with the needs within the family of God.
8. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes,
– Teach the necessity of loving, serving and seeking God as a priority. Jobs, career, etc cannot take the place of fellowship and Church. Total devotion to God is total power.
9. they received their food with glad and generous hearts,
– I still remember back in the old times, we shared a simple meal once a month and as the church grew we had to phase it out. I still cannot forget how much those days of cooking together and the idea of having a meal together brought much unity and joy in the fellowship.
Whether this verse means we have to cook and eat together after every service, I do not know. However do whatever is possible in your own way to be able to celebrate together as a Church with glad and generous hearts.
10. praising God and having favor with all the people.
– Every church must be a church that is alive with the voices that praise God. It really brings me to tears each time I go to Africa to see how people shamelessly dance before God. And it is amazing to notice that their dance is now inappropriate but when accompanied with the fear of the Lord, every move seems to glorify God.
What happens inside every church should certainly be a small glimpse into how heaven will actually be.
And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved. (Acts 2:40-47 ESV)
– What a brilliant conclusion. When all of the above is followed, certainly we cannot miss but see daily numbers of souls being added to the Church!
I hope you will begin to pray these 10 points into your church. I pray that the Lord of the Acts of the Apostles Churches will manifest Himself strong in your Church bringing the masses to the foot of the cross!
Discuss: Which of these above 10 points have been a challenge to attain in your church? What do you think can be the solution?
Want us to notify you when we post content like this on GTH-Blog?
Now join 9700+ subscribers to receive these posts.