I hope you got to read the first part of this post, “Understanding the Prophetic in the Church“. Now the exciting news is that you or your friends can now access the full post on the prophetic on GTH here in Spanish, French and Italian. Don’t forget to share it with them!
Prophecy in proportion to our faith can increase and decrease! We don’t all have the same level of faith and grace. When your faith goes deep you are able to hear from the Lord very precise revelations.The more time you spend in the presence of Jesus the more your confidence to operate the gift increases. [tweet this]
Before I go into writing on developing the prophetic, here are 5 ways that you can identify a false prophet. A false prophet can still prophecy, do miracles, but they are wolves in sheep clothing.
So always start by asking these questions.
1. Does it line up with scripture? Are they contradicting?
2. Is His fruit good? Are people being drawn to Jesus or distracted from Jesus?
3. If he is selling his gift for profit? Is this about himself?
4. He refuses to agree Jesus is Lord. (“By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.” 1 John4:2, 3)
5. They prophecy to tickle your ears.
How to develop the prophetic
Here are a few videos on the prophetic from a study I did at our church in Montreal.
How to hear God clearly (Video 3:37sec)
Here are six simple keys to receive the gift of prophecy:
1. Pursue love – Desire the gift
“Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy.” (1 Corinthians 14:1)
(vs 5) “Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy.”
2. Stay in prayer and communion with God
People prefer the prophetic being taught. But the truth is that it is supposed to be caught! [tweet this] Synchronize your heart with the heart of God and you will hear His voice.
“For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.” (2 Peter 1:21)
3. Gifts imparted by the laying of hands
“Do not neglect the spiritual gift you received through the prophecy spoken over you when the elders of the church laid their hands on you.” (1 Timothy 4:14).
4. Must fan it consistently
(1) Soaking in God
(2) Using it often
(3) Learning about it
(4) Being accountable with it.
“For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.” (2 Timothy 1:6)
5. By association
Anointing rubs by association, just like faith is caught.
I encourage you all to read the story of Elijah and Elisha.
6. Practice being conscious of His voice consistently
Pray that the Lord would open your spiritual eyes and ears to hear His voice. He is always speaking, but it is our duty as believers to be sensitive and to seek Him with all our hearts.
Want us to notify you when we post content like this on GTH-Blog?
Now join 9700+ subscribers to receive these posts.