Some time ago, we saw thousands gather at Lakeland, Florida. These meetings were broadcasted to hundreds of nations, making it an instant movement like no other. Soon, that which had come to be known as revival was shaken off as soon as news of the leader getting a divorce and many other damaging reports started spreading among the people.
Now a few months after that incident, where thousands who participated were shaken up, there is a mighty move of God that is now being called the “Bay of the Holy Spirit” in Alabama. This movement is drawing thousands of people and God TV is making broadcasts of the same. At this time, as I write, they have already crossed ten weeks of revival meetings(as of now, they have taken some weeks off for Thanksgiving and Christmas).
What is the Bay of the Holy Spirit Revival?
Here is a quote from Shake the Nations (the evangelistic ministry of Nathan Morris) ministry website.
“In 2010, Nathan was invited to speak at Church of His Presence in Daphne, Alabama, the church led by Pastor John Kilpatrick for what was meant to be a two-day conference. However, as God’s power began to fall and hundreds were saved and healed, the meetings were extended into what is being called The Bay of the Holy Spirit Revival.”
One would assume that with the falling out at the Lakeland Revival, people would be against such kind of movements. But there is one thing that we can learn from this, that There is no plan in hell that the devil has come up with that can stop God’s end time move for this planet.
What we can learn from Bay of Holy Spirit Revival
Formerly, God had used Rev. John Kilpatrick to make way for a revival in his former church, Brownsville Assembly of God in Pensacola, Florida in 1995. That revival too began with a travelling evangelist, Steve Hill during a Father’s Day conference.
This time Kilpatrick invited a British evangelist, Nathan Morris for a camp meeting in his church that he now pastors called In His presence in Alabama. And on a Friday night, he believes a revival broke out like it did on Father’s day in Pensacola.
When you watch these videos, the one amazing thing that you will notice about Rev. Kilpatrick is that he plays that role of a silent supporter, the Father who backs his sons to do what they are called to do.
Give it a thought!
I want to make clear that this post is in no way to advertise the Bay of the Holy Spirit Revival. That is not my job. God is the promoter of revivals. And I believe at this point of writing that they are just starting the first steps into revival. I hope that it would soon become a full-fledged revival that overflows into the streets and the cities.
But, I write to you hoping that we will see and receive a greater move of God. Think about these things with me:
· What would have happened if Rev. Kilpatrick had failed to realize that God was using those travelling evangelists?
· What would have happened if he was not sensitive to the Holy Spirit who was using these men of God?
· What would have happened if he had let his ego in the way and said, “This is my church and I am in charge”?
· And what would have happened if he did not tell his church to come back for more of God?
· And moreover, what would have happened if the church was callous and did not respond to that call to experience God’s visitation?
I am sure that such kinds of meetings have occurred in many churches in our nation. But are they not experiencing what these people are experiencing? Why is God not visiting us daily like them in Florida?
The answer is simple!
We have not sought God for it. We have not dared to linger further than our time-tabled services. We have not allowed God to take over our lives with more than just a Sunday service or another cell meeting. We have limited our worship timings to what we think is best and convenient.
Can we promise to move when the Holy Spirit moves? He is waiting. This can spread. Like right now. Even as you read this, let the Holy Spirit take over. Let it overflow through you to your church, to your city and to your nation.
You Are Called To Stand In the Gap
Now while you are it, through this blog I am hoping and asking for at least hundred people who will commit to praying for five minutes for this move of God. Not even daily, just take five minutes today. These leaders need our prayers from attacks of the enemy.
Why am I doing this? Because I believe in revival. Because revival is from God. Because I want to see our cities and nations being revived, too. And most of all, because these people are human and they need our prayers.
As you read this, take a minute to pray for each point:
1. Pray that the enemy would not distort this revival and pray for the young leader whom God is using, Evng. Nathan Morris. Pray that God would keep him humble and holy for His glory, and that he would take enough rest and be strengthened and have no burnouts.
2. Pray for John Kilpatrick for continual wisdom, discernment and guidance on the Revival. (Interview here)
3. Pray for the team behind this – the worship team and the rest, from all kinds of weapons of the enemy.
4. Pray that God would prepare your Pastor and Church for God’s visitation.
5. Pray that you would be instrumental in this end-time move of God, in whatever capacity
Come on, let’s go!
Are you in? Let me know below.
Lord, raise your revivalists for your end-time move!
Follow our REVIVAL Series on GTH here.