[Spanish Translation] [French Translation] While describing Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden before sin entered their hearts, the Bible says, “And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.” Genesis 2:25
What does that really imply? And how is that relevant in today’s context?
The lives of Adam and Eve before sin is a type and shadow of how a child of Jesus must walk on this earth!
Wait a minute! Does that mean we have to be naked, like some cult groups suggest? Absolutely not!
Please notice that Adam and Eve’s first reaction when they sinned was immense shame. And then they hid from their Creator in fear. (Genesis 3:10) The nakedness they felt was the stripping away of the authority and confidence to boldly face God.
It is for this that Jesus died on the cross – To restore our position & relationship in God. [ClickToTweet]
In Ephesians 2:18, it says “For through Him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father.“
And Romans 5:2, “Through Him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.“
To paraphrase, even though we are not worthy, through Christ Jesus, our shame is removed. The confidence to go boldly to God has been restored.
One of the greatest tricks of the enemy in our generation will be to make us feel unworthy, guilty and ashamed thus stopping us from going to God. Repeated attacks from the enemy on our life seem to rob us of our confidence to go to God boldly. Thereby choosing to hide – in sin, which eventually leads us to backsliding.
And what remains hidden from God is under the stronghold of darkness. And it is when you hide in shame that you have taken your first step into the enemy’s trap.
Remember, satan will continue to stand as the accuser of the children of God, and try to condemn you all day and night saying things like, “You did what you should not have done. You are guilty, guilty, guilty!”
Instead, here are 7 things we must practice everyday:
- You need to etch this verse into your heart, Romans 8:15 “For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!“”
- God knows your weakness more than your spouse or best friend! The moment Jesus becomes closer than a friend, your walk with God will be transformed.
- Run to Jesus everyday.
- Never hide your sin from God. He knows it anyway and He loves you more than anybody else. The smartest thing you do is confess your sins to Jesus and the the enemy will do everything he can to stop you from doing that.
- Confess immediately and every single time you miss the mark. Don’t wait till Sunday. Don’t wait till your exams are over. Do it right then and there!
- Keep on leaning and depend on Jesus to be holy. You’ll need to do this every single day of your life.
- Flee from sin and pursue God simultaneously. Doing just one of these things does not work outside the other. God will continue to help as you obey 2 Timothy 2: 22
I believe that even as you read this, whatever chain that the enemy satan has used to connect you to him, has been broken in the mighty name of Jesus!
Now go soar as on eagles wings! Enjoy the freedom that Jesus brings!
Share: How have you experienced this freedom in your life? What have you learnt about enjoying the freedom from sin’s clutch? Comment below.
Want us to notify you when we post content like this on GTH-Blog?
Now join 9700+ subscribers to receive these posts.