- Spiritual Warfare Training: Part One, Be Alert
- Spiritual Warfare Training Part 2: Consider Your Environment
- Spiritual Warfare Training Part 3: Growing Up and Out of Lawlessness
(Here is the third instalment of our series on Spiritual Warfare Training. We hope that Part One and Part Two will greatly bless you, if you missed. Please share this Part 3 with someone you love and be blessed!)
Order and structure and systems is a not sourced on earth: they are a product of heaven. Order originated in Heaven. In fact, a child of God who encounters God, will more and more, love order and structure. When you understand Heaven, not just as theory or theology, but tangible, systems and structures will become your passion.
These days, lawlessness is on the rise.
Apostle John wrote two thousand years ago, “Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness”. (1 John 3:4)
The world celebrates sin, promotes rebellion in the name of rights, and thrives on dishonour. Sadly, this lawlessness has even entered the Church.
Friend, it is difficult to submit. A believer must look inwards and ask, is my struggle, the same lawlessness that cost Adam and Eve their location, precious Eden, where they daily walked with God?
None of us are as intelligent as Adam and Eve, nor could their grace even be compared, as they were physically covered by the Glory of God, yet, when they allowed a conversation with the serpent, they lost the Garden.
Friend, the enemy is still speaking! He uses every tactic to cause us to sin, because he knows that lawlessness will stop us from receiving from God.
Jesus said, “I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me.” (John 14:30).
So the questions remains, what claim does the enemy have on me or you?
Satan is continually monitoring to see if he has a claim, if he can witness a manifestation of lawlessness.
Does our flesh act up?
Are we bitter or unforgiving to others?
Are we trapped by our own importance?
Do we dishonour people?
Are we hijacked by lawlessness in our mouth?
Here is Good News! We can grow UP and OUT of Lawlessness!
Five Ways to Grow OUT of Lawlessness:
1. DEAL with the LIE of the Orphan spirit. This spirit that wants you to feel that nobody loves you, nobody cares for you and in life, you have to do everything by yourself. You become offensive because you feel alone and defensive because you believe the lie that no one loves you! You may feel like an orphan, yet God calls you His beloved child. Believe God: So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” (Rom 8:15)
2. When you realize you are part of the family of God, RESIST the need to perform in order to feel loved. The enemy will often make you feel like you have not done enough, therefore you are not loved. Even in your church, he will try to convince, that you are only loved when you are serving and useful. Friend, there will always be another to do your job better. Don’t confuse serving with love: This is real love – not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. (1 John 4:10)
3. STOP the Cycle of rejection by GUARDING your thoughts. When you stay in the Word of God, your life will keep growing. Lack of peace in your garden is a sign of the serpent that you have allowed to speak. Friend, the devil is a LIAR! The more you guard your spirit, the deeper you know yourself, the more you will be able to stand your ground. Your identity is not what you do, but in Whose you are. You are loved: God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. (1 John 4:9)
4. TEND to your emotional and mental growth. Don’t be so spiritually minded, so heavenly minded that you are of no earthly use. The glory God is showcased in an earthly vessel. How much glory you can carry will depend on your emotional, mental and spiritual capacity. Remain emotionally steady and seek help in your areas of weakness from your leaders: Obey your spiritual leaders, and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, and they are accountable to God. (Hebrews 13:17)
5. Be INTENTIONAL in your LOVE for others. Show love and mercy to others the way Christ has shown love and mercy to you. You cannot be expected to take care of the sheep if you cannot love. Painfully, Jesus came to Peter and asked,”Simon, son of John, do you love Me? (John 21: 15-17) Our Lord asked again and then, a third time. Why did Jesus ask three times? Jesus needed Peter to be emotionally stable, able to love the Church day in and day out. Can Jesus trust you? Are you steady in the grace God has given?
Dear believer, we must to grow in maturity as we refuse lawlessness!
May you have no fights in your home! May you have the grace and capacity to honour your spouse, to love and lead your children with tender authority. May you have grace to show mercy for your brother and sister. May you bring order to your every situation as you operate in Heaven’s systems, from glory to glory!
May we advance the Kingdom of God as bright shining lights today, to the Glory of God!
We hope you enjoyed Part 3 of this series on Spiritual Warfare Training.
Revive Nations welcomes you to share this blog with a friend and spread the word that sermons are now available in these seven languages! Please head to our Revive Nations Channel to access online church videos in English, Hindi, Punjab, Malayalam, French, Creole and Italian! If you know someone who would be blessed by church in their native tongue, we invite you to share. Enjoy!
Watch the video here.
Want us to notify you when we post content like this on GTH-Blog?
Now join 10,500+ subscribers to receive these posts.