In Hebrews 5:12-14, he refers to spiritual infants who have not yet learned the ways of God through the Word of God. The Amplified version explains that as conforming to God’s will in purpose, thought and action.
This is simply not possible without diving into the Word of God. No matter how many years you have been a believer, you got to wash and renew your mind through the Word of God.
The world has a way of constantly sowing thrash into our lives through various mediums today, and therefore as children of God we need to keep sowing God’s word and learn to conform to His will on a daily basis.
How often do we find ourselves studying the Word without applying it into our lives.
Once as I was praying, the Holy Spirit was leading me away from the things of the earth into things He wants. That included from not praying about my ministry or anointing or anything related to what I wanted.
Instead the Lord showed me how I needed to keep exposing myself to the light of God and how I had to keep going to Him till every bit of me became like Jesus. (Sounds like it’s going to take a century, but it is possible when we genuinely desire to conform to His will.)
ESVersion says, ” …those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.” Hebrews 5:14 ESV
Constant practice! There, thats the key!
Every child of Jesus will be tempted, and will be tempted to bring more maturity and steadfastness James1:3
Here’s what we need to do:
– Practise asking God, in every situation, “What does God want from me?”
– Accept the fact that, no, God is not going to pamper me. He wants me to be a matured man/woman of God.
– I have to learn to say no to my temptations by walking closely with God.
– I have to discipline my heart and mind to distinguish good and evil by studying His Word.
– To learn the tricks and strategies of the enemy through conscious walk with God.
– To develop the character and the fear of God
– Choose what God wants over what the devil wants.
– Stop allowing discouragement to eat you up.
– Stop discouragement from making you backslide from God even further.
– Learn to rise back up from where you fall.
– Get back up every single time, because to remain fallen is not an option.
– To learn each and every day to go to God, (to the throne room of Grace) with CONFIDENCE, because there is grace and mercy in His presence.
And soon, with constant practise, we will grow into that spiritual maturity God desires for us.
“And no creature is hidden from His sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:13-16 ESV
Let your heart be encouraged. No matter where you are right now in your spiritual life. If you are reading this post right now, it’s because God wants you to grow into that spiritual maturity.
Greater things are yet to come!
Your co-student of the Holy Spirit,