Your heart is racing, your knees are shaking and you just can’t wait to be with your love; but the question is: Is it real love?
This post is important to both singles and the married. Singles need to be aware of the difference between love and lust. It is important to know that lust does not begin with a Big Bang!
Many marriages end up in divorce because what spouses thought was love was mere lust. Also, the primary problem with lust is that it can never be satisfied, and the absence of real love causes a person to lose interest in the flame of what they thought will last a lifetime.
You will never start off being consumed by lust. In fact, in the initial stage it’s as small (but powerful) as a simple thought.
Appreciation of the other then seeps deeper into the cracks and crevices of a broken or shaky heart to be replaced by admiration.
That admiration earns for attention. The newly formed combination of perfect attention and growing admiration grows roots and becomes poisonous. Like weeds that mingle into good crops, lust begins to eat up the heart and minds, growing faster and more exciting than anything else around.
Then comes a time for the weeds to be exposed and uprooted, and somehow it always seems to affect the real crop no matter how safely it is played.
Here are some of the signs of lust:
1. You’re totally in awe of the person’s features.
2. You’re focused on how ‘cool’ the person’s appearance is.
3. Your conversations are always unreal and flirtatious.
4. You’re obsessed around that person.
5. You’re more like love birds than friends.
6. You’re interested in having sex more than anything else.
7. You’re more drawn to where that person is in life than the heart of the individual.
8. You’re insensitive to everyone else around you and care only about what you can get through that relationship.
9. Lack of attention drives you to be a person you are never proud to be.
10. You place a greater focus on the fantasies than the actual facts and responsibilities of a relationship.
To The Singles:
Don’t jump the gun. Wait for the euphoria to cool down. The majority of young people who don’t wait for marriage prior to being committed to each other physically have ended up getting bored and breaking their hearts. I know; if this is you, you’d be thinking that you are different but that is exactly what the others thought as well!
If the guy/girl is serious about you, he/she would be willing to wait for marriage and honour God and each other by taking responsibility of their beautiful emotions and feelings. That is a sign of respect and seriousness accredited to the relationship.
To The Married:
Statistics indicate the divorce ratio of marriages being higher with remarriages: either the second or third time around. Instead of looking for joy outside, start doing everything necessary to work on the marriage you’re in.
Any desire for anyone outside of your marriage is not love but lust. No matter how undervalued you feel when you value yourself, everything around you changes. [tweet this] The enemy will try to make you think your marriage is no longer as interesting as it used to be.
The only way to overcome lustful passions is not to walk away but flee from it! Just shut your door to sin and go cold turkey! Remember the deceiver wants to deceive you and grass always seems greener till you reach the other side.