- Featured Bible Study: 30 Christian Basics – Sign Up Now!
- The Father, Son & the Holy Spirit – Understanding The Trinity
- Father God and His Heart For Us – 30 Bible Study Series
- Who is Jesus? Answering a Question That Millions Have Asked
- Who is The Holy Spirit? – You Have a Personal Helper!
- Spirit, Soul and Body – 30 Bible Study Series
- What is Sin? And How to Overcome It!
- What Did Jesus Do For Me?
- How to Follow Jesus – 6 Practical Ways! [30 Bible Basics]
- Water Baptism – Why, How & Most Asked Questions
- How to Activate Your Faith [30 Bible Basics]
- The What, Where & How to Pray Effectively
- What is Worship? 7 Stages – 30 Bible Basics
- How to Read the Bible and What Matters the Most – 30 Bible Basics
- Is the Bible True? – 30 Bible Basics
- What is Christianity & Where Did It Come From? [Understanding Christian History]
- How to Know The Will of God?
- 5 Ways to Receive the Power of the Holy Spirit
- What are the Gifts of the Holy Spirit?
- All You Need to Know About Speaking in Tongues
- Red Hot Temptation!
- 7 Keys for Fruitful Witnessing
- Spiritual Warfare – Weapons of a Believer
- The Five Offices of the Church – 30 Bible Basics
- Living the Life, Walking the Talk
- Serving the Body of Christ – Who, How & 4 CheckPoints
- How Important is the Fellowship of Believers?
- Why Give? – Tithes, Offerings & First Fruits – 30 Bible Basics
- Full Truth About the Second Coming of Jesus
- Finally, then, Brothers and Sisters, We Urge You
Welcome to “Featured Bible Study: 30 Christian Basics.” To see all the authors and titles in the series, and to suggest a topic, please go here. Subscribe today to receive the ebook on this series.
What is amazing is that the Holy Spirit who is available for Rev. David Yonggi Cho is available for every believer who believes in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Who is the Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is God. Although the Holy Spirit is referred to as the Spirit of God, it does not mean that the Holy Spirit is created by God, but because the Spirit is of God. The same way that the Son of God is equally eternal with the Father, so is the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9-11). This makes the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit one. (See more here on Trinity).
What the Holy Spirit is Not?
The Holy Spirit is not an it, a thing, a force, a voice or a bird. Although the Holy Spirit is compared to and manifested as a fire, dove, wind and so on, the Holy Spirit is not an impersonal force.
Jesus calls Him “Counselor” (John 14:16). In John 14:17, Jesus says, “You know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.” In John 14: 26, Jesus describes Holy Spirit as a “Teacher.”
Holy Spirit and Man
The Holy Spirit has always been at work in the world, even from the time of creation. But with the fall of man at the birth of sin at the garden of Eden, the Holy Spirit withdrew from man. The consequence of sin was that all humanity faced an eternal, spiritual death. That is why Jesus had to die on the cross for the redemption of the humanity.
After His resurrection from the grave, Jesus promised His disciples the power of the Holy Spirit as He was taken up to the Heaven. And the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples in the Book of Acts, Chapter 2. Ever since, the Holy Spirit has been closely working with us those who accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. See, John 14:15–17, 25–26; 15:26–27; 16:7–15.
Ineffective Without The Spirit
As we live on this earth, we must realize that we are ineffective without the Holy Spirit. That is why Jesus commanded His disciples to “wait until you receive the Holy Spirit.”
We are weak and fragile by ourselves, but the Holy Spirit is Our Helper and will teach us to walk in holiness for Him. Just like Rev. David Yonggi Cho said: Allow the Holy Spirit to lead you and guide you today. Desire for a close, intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit today.
Q: How have you experienced the Holy Spirit’s power in your life? When and how did He come to be real to you?