- Featured Bible Study: 30 Christian Basics – Sign Up Now!
- The Father, Son & the Holy Spirit – Understanding The Trinity
- Father God and His Heart For Us – 30 Bible Study Series
- Who is Jesus? Answering a Question That Millions Have Asked
- Who is The Holy Spirit? – You Have a Personal Helper!
- Spirit, Soul and Body – 30 Bible Study Series
- What is Sin? And How to Overcome It!
- What Did Jesus Do For Me?
- How to Follow Jesus – 6 Practical Ways! [30 Bible Basics]
- Water Baptism – Why, How & Most Asked Questions
- How to Activate Your Faith [30 Bible Basics]
- The What, Where & How to Pray Effectively
- What is Worship? 7 Stages – 30 Bible Basics
- How to Read the Bible and What Matters the Most – 30 Bible Basics
- Is the Bible True? – 30 Bible Basics
- What is Christianity & Where Did It Come From? [Understanding Christian History]
- How to Know The Will of God?
- 5 Ways to Receive the Power of the Holy Spirit
- What are the Gifts of the Holy Spirit?
- All You Need to Know About Speaking in Tongues
- Red Hot Temptation!
- 7 Keys for Fruitful Witnessing
- Spiritual Warfare – Weapons of a Believer
- The Five Offices of the Church – 30 Bible Basics
- Living the Life, Walking the Talk
- Serving the Body of Christ – Who, How & 4 CheckPoints
- How Important is the Fellowship of Believers?
- Why Give? – Tithes, Offerings & First Fruits – 30 Bible Basics
- Full Truth About the Second Coming of Jesus
- Finally, then, Brothers and Sisters, We Urge You
Unloved. Sick. Broke. Hurt. Discontent. Lonely. Weary. Frustrated. Confused. Cornered. Trapped.
Do these words appear to describe you?
Oftentimes, we can become so absorbed in our circumstances that it can distort our perspective of our identity.
However, the Word of God says that as His children, we are: Loved. Redeemed. Embraced. Healed. Satisfied. Sustained. Delivered. Carried. Strengthened. Free.
You may be thinking: No way! That seems to be so far from my reality.
But you can choose to make it your reality; and that is by placing your faith in an Almighty Living God.
What is Faith?
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see (Hebrews 11:1).
What or whom we place our confidence in can positively or negatively affect our lives. Some believe in people; others in riches; and others in themselves.
But those who trust in the Lord shall never be put to shame. For God never fails!
Faith has very little to do with what we can achieve, and all to do with whom we believe. By placing our faith in God and in the truth of His Word, we are victorious according to His perfect Will irrespective of the magnitude or complexity of our situation. Faith helps us to align ourselves with God’s perspective for our lives.
As Jesus proved His love for us and died on the cross for the sins of all humanity, He cried out: “It is Finished!” Based on the finished work of Jesus, humanity was redeemed from the consequences of sin, and our relationship with our Heavenly Father was re-established under this covenant of grace. Because of Christ and our faith in Him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence (Ephesians 3:11-12). Therefore, we are more than conquerors in all things through Him who loved us (Romans 8:37).
When we do have a need to bring before God, we can exercise our faith for that particular situation by believing with all our heart that God has already done it for He is faithful to His Word. For example, if we are praying for healing, we must believe that we are already healed just as His Word declares that He heals all our diseases.
Why Does Faith Matter?
And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him (Hebrews 11:6).
What is God’s view of faith? Without faith, it is impossible to please Him.
When we fix our eyes on God, our faith is an affirmation that we truly believe in who He is as Omnipotent God – the all-powerful One who is able to do anything.
The Lord is pleased with our confident expectation in Him, and Him alone.
How to Develop Faith:
Faith is often compared to a muscle; it needs to be strengthened through exercise. However, faith does not develop through our natural ability. It takes the revelation and grace of God to firmly believe. There is a learning process involved.
Here are some basic ways that we can grow in our faith in God:
- Through Relationship
In Hebrews 12:2a, we learn that Jesus is the Founder and Perfecter of our faith. To confidently place our trust in God, we must continually walk in relationship with Him in prayer.
An intimate relationship with Jesus will give us a fresh revelation of the nature and power of God and our rights as His children. This understanding will empower us to overcome any situation in our lives with God’s help.
- Through The Word of God
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10:17). The Word of God cultivates our spirit to clearly hear the voice of God. In addition to acquiring knowledge about God, the Bible presents us with many examples of men and women who walked in faith and victoriously conquered their challenges.
Observing how they stepped out in faith and how God responded to them will serve as a constant reminder that with faith, we can indeed move mountains.
- Through Praise
As mentioned earlier, faith is not only to believe that God is able to do as He has promised, but that He has already completed it. To grow in faith, our heart must be overflowing with praise.
Here is a fundamental difference between thanksgiving and praise:
– Thanksgiving is an expression of gratitude for what God has done, is doing, and is about to do in our lives.
– Praise is a much deeper level of gratitude that focuses on who God is.
To praise God is to abandon our agenda and attest that we believe in Him alone. When we keep our focus fixed on God, we are magnifying Him over and above our needs and desires. Jesus said in Mark 9:23: Everything is possible for Him who believes.
To grow in faith, we must learn to live a lifestyle of praise; for praise releases faith.
- Through Obedience
Human limitation and circumstantial evidence can never stand in the way of God’s ability. Nevertheless, the Lord awaits our obedience and submission to His Will, which involves us taking that first step in faith.
One of the greatest benefits of our challenges is that it enables us to develop our faith. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow (James 1:3).
As we face obstacles, it is an opportunity for us to trust and believe in God more and more. As tempting as it may be to try to take matters into our own hands, it is essential that we choose to surrender our cares into God’s Hands and keep our focus fixed on Him.
- Through Testimony
In Revelation 12:11a, we learn that the children of God overcame Satan – the accuser of the brethren – by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony.
That is how much power our testimonies carry! Sharing all that God has done in our lives not only encourages others in their faith journey (and leaves satan with no argument before the Throne of God). It also reminds us that God is the same yesterday, today and forever!
We serve a Faithful God, who is forever Worthy of our confidence and trust.
Let Faith Rise!
Faith is our response to God. Faith has very little to do with what we can achieve, and all to do with whom we believe.
Whether you’re on a mountaintop or valley in your life; start with faith – you will finish strong with the Lord by your side!
Let faith rise in your heart today!
Discussion: Are there any stories or principles from the lives of the men and women in the Bible or those that live today that has encouraged you in your faith journey? Go ahead and share below!
Next in the series: How to Pray!
Want us to notify you when we post content like this on GTH-Blog?
Now join 9700+ subscribers to receive these posts.