- Featured Bible Study: 30 Christian Basics – Sign Up Now!
- The Father, Son & the Holy Spirit – Understanding The Trinity
- Father God and His Heart For Us – 30 Bible Study Series
- Who is Jesus? Answering a Question That Millions Have Asked
- Who is The Holy Spirit? – You Have a Personal Helper!
- Spirit, Soul and Body – 30 Bible Study Series
- What is Sin? And How to Overcome It!
- What Did Jesus Do For Me?
- How to Follow Jesus – 6 Practical Ways! [30 Bible Basics]
- Water Baptism – Why, How & Most Asked Questions
- How to Activate Your Faith [30 Bible Basics]
- The What, Where & How to Pray Effectively
- What is Worship? 7 Stages – 30 Bible Basics
- How to Read the Bible and What Matters the Most – 30 Bible Basics
- Is the Bible True? – 30 Bible Basics
- What is Christianity & Where Did It Come From? [Understanding Christian History]
- How to Know The Will of God?
- 5 Ways to Receive the Power of the Holy Spirit
- What are the Gifts of the Holy Spirit?
- All You Need to Know About Speaking in Tongues
- Red Hot Temptation!
- 7 Keys for Fruitful Witnessing
- Spiritual Warfare – Weapons of a Believer
- The Five Offices of the Church – 30 Bible Basics
- Living the Life, Walking the Talk
- Serving the Body of Christ – Who, How & 4 CheckPoints
- How Important is the Fellowship of Believers?
- Why Give? – Tithes, Offerings & First Fruits – 30 Bible Basics
- Full Truth About the Second Coming of Jesus
- Finally, then, Brothers and Sisters, We Urge You
Christian history isn’t very simple, it is very intricate and complex; therefore for everyone’s benefit let’s go through the following simplified timeline:
30-70 AD – The Time of Jesus Christ and the Apostles
- The death and resurrection of Christ.
- The Christian faith is birthed and the gospel of grace is preached.
70-312 AD – The Persecution and Spread of Christianity
- The spread of the Christian faith; martyrdom of the early believers.
- Early heresies sprouted; first church councils and the canonizing of scripture.
312-590 AD – The Era of the Christian Empire
- Constantine declares Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire;
- Christianity became a faith for the masses;
590-1517 AD – The Middle Ages
- The pope becomes the ‘ruler’ of the church.
- The crusades: The church gains the world but loses its soul.
1517-1648 AD – The Age of Reformation
- Martin Luther, protestant movement; start of denominationalism (Lutheran, Anglican etc.)
- The Vatican loses its power and influence.
1648-1789 AD – The Time of Scientific Advance and Revival
- On one hand, rise of secularism: people begin to ask, ‘Who needs God?’
- Many revivals, especially the ‘Great Awakening’ tries to restore God to public life.
1789-1914 AD – The Age of Progress
- The message of Christ is carried to distant lands, but the faith continues to leave public life.
- Pluralistic and totalitarian societies see no relevance for Christianity.
1912-current AD – The present Church…
Share your thoughts on this post below. What information can you add?
Next in the series: 5 Ways to Receive the Power of the Holy Spirit.
Want us to notify you when we post content like this on GTH-Blog?
Now join 10,500+ subscribers to receive these posts.