- What’s the Big Deal About Revival? Part – 1 | Revival Series
- What is God’s Heart About Revival? Part – 2 | Revival Series
- What Are God’s Purposes in a Revival? Part – 3 | Revival Series
- Why Does “Revival”, a Sovereign Act of God Need an Active Pursuit? Part – 4 | Revival Series
- 4 Major Characteristics of a Revivalist & Keys We Can Use – Part 5 | Revival Series
- Three Key Factors That Make Way for Revival – Part 6 | Revival Series
- 3 Key Revival Lifestyle that Bring Heaven on Earth – Part 7 | Revival Series
- Power of a Worshipper & Role of Worship in Revival – Part 8 | Revival Series
- Note to Worship Leaders on Hosting God – Part 9 | Revival Series
- The Metaphors of Revival & Biblical Meaning – Part 10 | Revival Series
- Four Actions that Quench a Move of God – Part 11 | Revival Series
- 5 Keys to Hosting God in Your Life – The Revival Preparation! – Part 12 | Revival Series
- Hosting God in Your Church – The Revival Preparation – Part 13 | Revival Series
- Keys to Hosting God in Your Nation – The Revival Preparation – Part 14 | Revival Series
- Understanding the Supernatural Manifestations in a Revival – Part 15 | Revival Series
- Revival Guidelines for Pastors and Leaders – Part 16 | Revival Series
- 7 Revival Guidelines for Young People – Part 17 | Revival Series
There is a great deal that we want from a Revival but the most important question that needs to be answered is what God wants from a Revival.
Revival is God’s encounter to Re-new, Re-store and Re-vive the heart of man back to God. [ClickToTweet]
However, the most important thing we need to pay attention to is that Revival is NEVER about us. Revival is all about the Sovereign God drawing His children to Him, for His purposes.
Revival is not about conversions.
Revival is not about crime rates dropping.
Revival is not about your president accepting Jesus.
Revival is not about church membership increasing.
Now before you get upset, all of the above may happen in Revival but they are all the end results of God’s bride responding to His call.
Revival is all about falling in love with Jesus all over again as God intended us to. [ClickToTweet]
And, as a result of the restoration of the intimate relationship as in the garden of Eden – repentance is seen, healings and miracles explode, conversions become common, holiness is pursued and fear and awe of God fills the city.
On the other hand, I fear we have greatly reduced Revival to seeing healings, extended meetings and loud noise.
Most quote 2 Chronicles 7:14, “If My people who are called by My name humble themselves, and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
Yes that verse is true, but that healing and forgiveness of sin is only one step. As I said in the last post, God desires for us to be one with Him. If you haven’t read that post, kindly read it here.
In the Old Testament, one Enoch walked with God. In the New Testament, Jesus walked with all the disciples.
In the Old Testament, one Abraham heard God’s heart. In the New Testament, Jesus dwelt and spoke all about the Kingdom of God to the multitudes for 3 days and nights.
In the Old Testament, one Moses on the mountaintop saw God’s glory. In the New Testament, a room full of people (120) had the glory fire descend and rest on each of them.
Yes, Revival has restored hope to ruined civilizations and cultures but that is not the ultimatum.
The signs of Revival are so loud and powerful that people see these manifestations as Revival itself. This may not even be necessarily wrong from their perspective.
However, from God’s perspective, He is primarily interested in restoring the relationship, fellowship and the intimacy (glory) in the garden of Eden.
The physical healing, economic promotions, cultural restorations and surpassing church growth, all follow as signs of that restoration.
God repeatedly desires for His children to become one with Him; to know His glory, to repent of our wicked ways, to enjoy heaven on earth and to walk with Him!
Now my question to you my dear reader is this: Can we seek God for a Revival for the real reason?
Subscribe to GTH now to receive this series as an ebook here.
Want us to notify you when we post content like this on GTH-Blog?
Now join 9700+ subscribers to receive these posts.